To prepare students with the knowledge, skills, values, and vision for success in a changing world.
Desired Results for Student Learning
* Communication Skills
- Students will communicate with clarity, purpose, and audience awareness.
- Students will integrate the use of a variety of communication forms (e.g., oral, written, artistic, graphic, listening) and use a wide range of communication skills.
* Reading Skills
- Students will utilize a variety of reading strategies to increase comprehension and fluency.
- Students will utilize a variety of reading strategies to learn and to read independently.
* Thinking & Reasoning Skills
- Students will utilize multiple strategies to solve a variety of problems, including those solved in math and science.
- Students will gather and use information effectively to analyze problems, formulate and test hypotheses, and justify conclusions.
* Responsible Citizenship
- Students will demonstrate respect for self, others, property, and diversity of ideas.
1. Learning is a shared responsibility involving students, staff, parents, and community.
2. Students will be provided with a variety of instructional approaches to support learning styles and abilities.
3. Schools share in the resonsibility to teach productive behavior.
4. Every individual is responsible for his/her actions.
5. Every individual has value and should be treated with dignity and respect.
6. Learning is enhanced by positive relationships, mutual respect, and trust.
7. A safe and comfortable environment promotes student learning.
8. The use of technology in the classroom enhances student learning.
9. Education requires an integrated curriculum designed to teach real life skills.
10. Students need a variety of opportuntiies to apply learning in meaningful contexts.
11. Educational programs should reflect high standards and expectations.